Enterprise Vault™ Guide for Outlook Users (Full Functionality)
- Introducing Veritas Enterprise Vault
- Setting up Enterprise Vault
- Enterprise Vault options and mailbox icons
- Working with archived items
- Storing and restoring items
- Managing Enterprise Vault archiving
- PST file migration
Migrating PST files to Enterprise Vault
If there are PST files listed that you do not want to migrate, remove them from the list using the Migrate PST Files dialog box. Note that the files are permanently removed from the list, but continue to exist on your computer.option on the
If you choose to migrate the contents of the PST files later, you can submit the files to Enterprise Vault using theoption. If you do not take any action, this list is incrementally updated with new PST files located on your computer.
To migrate PST files to Enterprise Vault
- On the Enterprise Vault tab on the Outlook ribbon, in the Migrate group, click PST Migration.
All the located PST files are listed in the Migrate PST Files dialog box. By default, all the files are selected.
The Migrate PST Files dialog box can also be accessed using the View located PST files button.
Click Not Now to defer the migration until later.
- Deselect any PST files that you do not want to migrate.
- For each PST file that is selected for migration, select the retention category that you want to use from the list in the Retention Category column.
- Click Migrate, and then click OK to confirm that you want to migrate the files.
- If there are some files that you do not want to migrate, select only those files and click Remove. The selected files are removed from the list, but continue to exist on your computer.