Enterprise Vault™ Guide for Outlook Users (Full Functionality)
- Introducing Veritas Enterprise Vault
- Setting up Enterprise Vault
- Enterprise Vault options and mailbox icons
- Working with archived items
- Storing and restoring items
- Managing Enterprise Vault archiving
- PST file migration
Turning off your Outlook AutoArchive
Outlook AutoArchive is different from Enterprise Vault archiving. AutoArchive archives items to a personal folder (PST) file. Enterprise Vault archives items to a vault on your network. The archived items can be safely backed up, and you can view, search for, or restore them. Now that you use Enterprise Vault to archive items from your mailbox, we recommend that you turn off AutoArchive.
To turn off Outlook AutoArchive
- Click the File tab and then click Options.
- Click Advanced.
- Under AutoArchive, click AutoArchive Settings.
- Clear Run AutoArchive every n days.
- Click OK.
- To return to the previous view, close the Outlook Options dialog box.