Veritas NetBackup™ SAN Client and Fibre Transport Guide
- Introducing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Planning your deployment
- About SAN Client storage destinations
- Preparing the SAN
- Licensing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring a Fibre Transport media server
- Configuring SAN clients
- Configuring SAN clients in a cluster
- Fibre Transport properties
- Configuring SAN client usage preferences
- Managing SAN clients and Fibre Transport
- Disabling SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Troubleshooting SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- About unified logging
Adding a SAN client
If you configure a SAN client and it does not appear as a SAN client in your NetBackup environment, you can add the client. To do so, use the NetBackup Device Configuration Wizard or the NetBackup Administration Console.
The SAN client must be configured correctly and the SAN client FT service must be active.
To add a SAN client by using the wizard
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, select Media and Device Management.
- In the right pane, click Configure Storage Devices.
- Follow the wizard screens.
- If the SAN client does not appear on the SAN clients screen, click Add to add it manually.
To add a SAN client by using the Administration Console
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, select Media and Device Management > Devices > SAN Clients.
- Click Actions > New > New SAN Client.
- In the New SAN Client dialog box, enter the name of the client and click OK.
NetBackup queries the client and adds it to the SAN Clients list in the Administration Console window.