Veritas NetBackup™ SAN Client and Fibre Transport Guide
- Introducing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Planning your deployment
- About SAN Client storage destinations
- Preparing the SAN
- Licensing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring a Fibre Transport media server
- Configuring SAN clients
- Configuring SAN clients in a cluster
- Fibre Transport properties
- Configuring SAN client usage preferences
- Managing SAN clients and Fibre Transport
- Disabling SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Troubleshooting SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- About unified logging
Viewing Fibre Transport logs
You can monitor Fibre Transport activity and status by viewing the log messages that the FT processes generate. Veritas unified log (VxUL) files use a standardized name and file format for log files. An originator ID identifies the process that writes the log messages.
Table: Fibre Transport originator IDs shows the VxUL originator IDs of the processes that log information about FT activity.
Table: Fibre Transport originator IDs
FT processes that use the ID
nbftsrvr and nbfdrv64. The media server Fibre Transport services.
nbftclnt. The client Fibre Transport service.
The FT Service Manager. Runs in the Enterprise Media Manager service.
To view and manage VxUL log files, you must use NetBackup log commands.
Configure the amount of information that is collected and its retention length on the NetBackup master server in theproperties and properties.
Information about how to configure logging and clean-up properties is available in the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I: