Veritas NetBackup™ SAN Client and Fibre Transport Guide
- Introducing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Planning your deployment
- About SAN Client storage destinations
- Preparing the SAN
- Licensing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring a Fibre Transport media server
- Configuring SAN clients
- Configuring SAN clients in a cluster
- Fibre Transport properties
- Configuring SAN client usage preferences
- Managing SAN clients and Fibre Transport
- Disabling SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Troubleshooting SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- About unified logging
Rescanning for Fibre Transport devices from a SAN client
A rescan operation tries to find new FT devices from the client. If the scan detects new FT devices, NetBackup adds them to the EMM database. A rescan operation is a time- and compute-intensive operation. It may not discover new devices (especially if the client system requires a restart and you do not restart it).
Depending on the operating system capabilities and the HBA driver and its settings, the scan may search for new Fibre Channel devices.
To rescan SAN clients
- On Microsoft Windows clients, use the Windows Device Manager to scan for hardware changes.
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, expand Media and Device Management > Devices > SAN Clients.
- Select a client in the right pane.
- Click Action > Rescan SAN Client FT Devices.
In the Rescan SAN Client dialog box, monitor the following status of the operation:
Client system must be restarted
- If required, restart the client system.