Veritas NetBackup™ SAN Client and Fibre Transport Guide
- Introducing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Planning your deployment
- About SAN Client storage destinations
- Preparing the SAN
- Licensing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring a Fibre Transport media server
- Configuring SAN clients
- Configuring SAN clients in a cluster
- Fibre Transport properties
- Configuring SAN client usage preferences
- Managing SAN clients and Fibre Transport
- Disabling SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Troubleshooting SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- About unified logging
SAN client does not select Fibre Transport
If either of the following are true, a SAN client may not be able to select Fibre Transport during a backup or restore operation:
The FT media server host operating system domainname command returns fully qualified domain names and NetBackup is configured to use short names.
The FT media server host operating system domainname command fails because of: DNS, NIS, or network problems and NetBackup is configured to use fully qualified domain names.
If so, the backup or restore may fail or it may occur over the LAN rather than the SAN.
To work around this problem, add an alias for the FT media server to the EMM database.
The following are the command syntaxes:
To add a short name alias:
nbemmcmd -machinealias -addalias -alias shortservername -machinename servername.fully.qualified -machinetype media
To add a fully qualified domain name alias:
nbemmcmd -machinealias -addalias -alias servername.fully.qualified -machinename shortservername -machinetype media