Veritas NetBackup™ SAN Client and Fibre Transport Guide
- Introducing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Planning your deployment
- About SAN Client storage destinations
- Preparing the SAN
- Licensing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring a Fibre Transport media server
- Configuring SAN clients
- Configuring SAN clients in a cluster
- Fibre Transport properties
- Configuring SAN client usage preferences
- Managing SAN clients and Fibre Transport
- Disabling SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Troubleshooting SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- About unified logging
SAN Client tape storage limitations
The following limitations exist for tape as a SAN Client storage destination:
Only FT backups from the same client are multiplexed in a particular MPX group.
FT backups from different clients are not multiplexed together in the same MPX group.
You cannot multiplex different SAN clients to the same tape. Different clients can still be backed up to the same FT media server, but they are written to different tape drives in different MPX groups.
FT and LAN backups (from the same client or different clients) are not multiplexed together in the same MPX group.
SAN Client does not support Inline Tape Copy over Fibre Transport; Inline Tape Copy jobs occur over the LAN. The SAN Client features is designed for very high speed backup and restore operations. Therefore, SAN Client excludes backup options (such as Inline Tape Copy) that require more resources to process and manage.