Veritas NetBackup™ SAN Client and Fibre Transport Guide
- Introducing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Planning your deployment
- About SAN Client storage destinations
- Preparing the SAN
- Licensing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring a Fibre Transport media server
- Configuring SAN clients
- Configuring SAN clients in a cluster
- Fibre Transport properties
- Configuring SAN client usage preferences
- Managing SAN clients and Fibre Transport
- Disabling SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Troubleshooting SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- About unified logging
Enabling or disabling the Fibre Transport services
You can enable or disable the FT services on NetBackup FT media servers.
The following are the services that compose the FT server:
The nbftsrvr service manages the server side of the FT pipe.
The nbfdrv64 service controls the target mode drivers on the media server.
The nbftsrvr service starts the nbfdrv64 service. If you stop one, the other stops. If one ends abnormally, the other stops.
These services do not appear in the NetBackup Activity Monitor; they do appear in the operating system process displays.
Do not use the UNIX kill -9 command and option to stop the nbfdrv64 process. It does not allow the process to stop gracefully, and the SAN clients cannot detect the FT devices when the nbfdrv64 process dies. You then may have to restart the client systems so they detect the FT devices again (after you restart nbfdrv64).
To enable or disable FT services
- In the NetBackup Administration Console on the master server, in the left pane, expand Media and Device Management > Devices > Media Server.
- Select an FT media server in the right pane.
- Click either Actions > Enable FT Services or Actions > Disable FT Services.