Veritas NetBackup™ SAN Client and Fibre Transport Guide
- Introducing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Planning your deployment
- About SAN Client storage destinations
- Preparing the SAN
- Licensing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring a Fibre Transport media server
- Configuring SAN clients
- Configuring SAN clients in a cluster
- Fibre Transport properties
- Configuring SAN client usage preferences
- Managing SAN clients and Fibre Transport
- Disabling SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Troubleshooting SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- About unified logging
Configuring Fibre Transport properties
NetBackup Fibre Transport properties control how your SAN clients use the Fibre Transport services for backups. NetBackup uses a hierarchy of properties to provide increasingly granular control of how your clients use NetBackup Fibre Transport.
To configure NetBackup FT properties
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, expand NetBackup Management > Host Properties.
- Depending on which level of properties you want to configure, do one of the following:
To configure global FT properties
Select Master Servers.
To configure FT properties for a media server or servers
Select Media Servers.
To configure FT properties for a client or clients
Select the host or hosts to configure, as follows:
To configure the properties on one host, double-click the name of the host in the right pane.
To configure properties for more than one host, select the hosts and then on the Actions menu select Properties.
- In the host properties dialog box, click Fibre Transport in the left pane.
- Configure the properties.