Veritas NetBackup™ SAN Client and Fibre Transport Guide
- Introducing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Planning your deployment
- About SAN Client storage destinations
- Preparing the SAN
- Licensing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring a Fibre Transport media server
- Configuring SAN clients
- Configuring SAN clients in a cluster
- Fibre Transport properties
- Configuring SAN client usage preferences
- Managing SAN clients and Fibre Transport
- Disabling SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Troubleshooting SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- About unified logging
SAN Client operational notes
The NetBackup Client Encryption Option is not supported on UNIX and Linux SAN clients.
Data compression or encryption can degrade Fibre Transport performance for backups and restores.
If you use data compression or encryption for backups, Fibre Transport pipe performance may degrade significantly for both backups and restores. In some configurations, compression may reduce performance by up to 95% of uncompressed performance.