Veritas NetBackup™ SAN Client and Fibre Transport Guide
- Introducing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Planning your deployment
- About SAN Client storage destinations
- Preparing the SAN
- Licensing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring a Fibre Transport media server
- Configuring SAN clients
- Configuring SAN clients in a cluster
- Fibre Transport properties
- Configuring SAN client usage preferences
- Managing SAN clients and Fibre Transport
- Disabling SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Troubleshooting SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- About unified logging
About NetBackup SAN Client support for Windows Hyper-V Server
NetBackup SAN Client supports backups over Fibre Transport for the Windows Hyper-V Server. Install the NetBackup client software on the Windows Hyper-V Server and then configure the SAN Client on the Hyper-V Server. Do not install the NetBackup client software or configure the SAN Client on the operating systems within the Hyper-V virtual machines.
For backups, follow the procedures in the NetBackup™ for Hyper-V Administrator's Guide to create a Hyper-V policy to back up the Hyper-V Server and its virtual machines:
If SAN client and Fibre Transport are configured correctly, backups occur over Fibre Transport.
NetBackup does not support Fibre Transport restores to the Windows Hyper-V Server. Restores occur over the LAN.