Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ SAN Client and Fibre Transport Guide
Last Published: 2018-02-16
Product(s): NetBackup (8.1.1, 8.1)
- Introducing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Planning your deployment
- About SAN Client storage destinations
- Preparing the SAN
- Licensing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring a Fibre Transport media server
- Configuring SAN clients
- Configuring SAN clients in a cluster
- Fibre Transport properties
- Configuring SAN client usage preferences
- Managing SAN clients and Fibre Transport
- Disabling SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Troubleshooting SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- About unified logging
When selecting the HBA ports for SAN Client
You must have adequate HBA ports in the FT media servers to support the FT pipes from the SAN clients. If you also use SAN attached storage, the media servers must have enough HBA ports to connect to the shared storage.
You must determine which ports to use for FT connections between the NetBackup media servers and the SAN clients, as follows:
Determine which Fibre Channel HBAs you want to use for FT connections on the systems on which the NetBackup media servers are installed.
Determine which Fibre Channel ports you want to use for FT connections on each SAN client.
All ports on QLogic HBAs must be either in target mode or initiator mode. You cannot connect one port on an HBA to a SAN client and another port to the storage.