Veritas NetBackup™ SAN Client and Fibre Transport Guide
- Introducing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Planning your deployment
- About SAN Client storage destinations
- Preparing the SAN
- Licensing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring a Fibre Transport media server
- Configuring SAN clients
- Configuring SAN clients in a cluster
- Fibre Transport properties
- Configuring SAN client usage preferences
- Managing SAN clients and Fibre Transport
- Disabling SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Troubleshooting SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- About unified logging
About NetBackup SAN Client unsupported restores
In most cases, if a backup uses the NetBackup Fibre Transport data transfer method, a restore also occurs by the Fibre Transport method.
However, NetBackup may not support Fibre Transport restores for some NetBackup options or for other products.
NetBackup does not support Fibre Transport restores for the following options:
SAN Client supports FlashBackup backups but restores occur over the LAN.
Windows Hyper-V restores
SAN Client supports backups over Fibre Transport but restores occur over the LAN.
Depending on the options that you select when you configure the backup policy, you can restore the virtual machines and also individual files within the virtual machines.
See About NetBackup SAN Client support for Windows Hyper-V Server.