Veritas NetBackup™ SAN Client and Fibre Transport Guide
- Introducing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Planning your deployment
- About SAN Client storage destinations
- Preparing the SAN
- Licensing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring a Fibre Transport media server
- Configuring SAN clients
- Configuring SAN clients in a cluster
- Fibre Transport properties
- Configuring SAN client usage preferences
- Managing SAN clients and Fibre Transport
- Disabling SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Troubleshooting SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- About unified logging
About Fibre Transport media servers
A NetBackup FT media server is a NetBackup media server on which the Fibre Transport services are activated. NetBackup FT media servers accept connections from SAN clients and send data to the disk storage.
The host bus adapters (HBAs) that accept connections from the SAN clients use a special NetBackup target mode driver to process FT traffic.
The media server FT service controls data flow, processes SCSI commands, and manages data buffers for the server side of the FT connection. It also manages the target mode driver for the host bus adaptors.
Requires a license that activates the SAN Client feature