Veritas NetBackup™ SAN Client and Fibre Transport Guide
- Introducing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Planning your deployment
- About SAN Client storage destinations
- Preparing the SAN
- Licensing SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Configuring a Fibre Transport media server
- Configuring SAN clients
- Configuring SAN clients in a cluster
- Fibre Transport properties
- Configuring SAN client usage preferences
- Managing SAN clients and Fibre Transport
- Disabling SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- Troubleshooting SAN Client and Fibre Transport
- About unified logging
About NetBackup SAN Client support for clustering
NetBackup supports SAN Clients in an application cluster. The following are the requirements for the SAN Clients that are in an application cluster:
SAN Client must be installed on all failover nodes in the cluster.
The FT client service and the Veritas PBX service must run on all failover nodes.
The host computer operating system for each SAN client on each node must detect the FT media server target mode drivers.
The NetBackup LOCAL_CACHE value must be NO on each SAN Client. By default, the value is not specified, so you must configure the value.
Do not change the LOCAL_CACHE value on the FT media servers or the master server.
See Configuring SAN clients in a cluster.
In the backup policy, you can use aliases or dynamic application cluster names for the references to the SAN client computers. NetBackup updates SAN client application cluster information every 5 minutes.