Veritas NetBackup™ for VMware Administrator's Guide
- Required tasks: overview
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with VMware
- Adding NetBackup credentials for VMware
- Validating VMware virtualization server certificates in NetBackup
- Configure NetBackup policies for VMware
- VMware backup options
- Exclude Disks tab
- Configure a VMware Intelligent Policy
- Reduce the size of backups
- Back up virtual machines
- Use Accelerator to back up virtual machines
- Restore virtual machines
- Restoring the full VMware virtual machine
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialog boxes (restore to original location)
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialogs boxes (restore to alternate location)
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using Backup, Archive, and Restore
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using NetBackup commands
- Restoring individual VMware virtual machine files
- Browse and search virtual machines for restore
- Restore virtual machines with Instant Recovery
- Use NetBackup for vCloud Director
- Virtual machine recovery dialog boxes for vCloud Director
- Best practices and more information
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to back up and restore virtual machines
- Using NetBackup commands to create a VMware policy
- Appendix B. Configuring services for NFS on Windows
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2012 or 2016 (NetBackup for VMware)
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 (NetBackup for VMware)
- Appendix C. The Reuse VM selection query results option
- Appendix D. Backup of VMware raw devices (RDM)
Job types for Instant Recovery for VMware
Instant Recovery jobs appear as the following job types in the NetBackup Activity Monitor.
Table: VMware Instant Recovery job types in the Activity Monitor
VM Instant Recovery
This job is the parent job for restoring a VM by means of Instant Recovery.
To complete this job, you must enter one of the following:
nbrestorevm -ir_done instant recovery ID
nbrestorevm -ir_deactivate instant recovery ID
For details on these commands:
Activate Instant Recovery
The parent VM Instant Recovery job starts an Activate Instant Recovery job to create the VM on the ESX host.
Stop Instant Recovery
This job runs when you use nbrestorevm -ir_done to remove the NetBackup NFS datastore and release its resources on the media server.
Deactivate Instant Recovery
This job runs when you use nbrestorevm -ir_deactivate to delete the restored VM from the ESX host.
Reactivate Instant Recovery
This job runs when you use nbrestorevm with the ir_reconfigure option to restart an interrupted virtual machine recovery.