Veritas NetBackup™ for VMware Administrator's Guide
- Required tasks: overview
- Notes and prerequisites
- Configure NetBackup communication with VMware
- Adding NetBackup credentials for VMware
- Validating VMware virtualization server certificates in NetBackup
- Configure NetBackup policies for VMware
- VMware backup options
- Exclude Disks tab
- Configure a VMware Intelligent Policy
- Reduce the size of backups
- Back up virtual machines
- Use Accelerator to back up virtual machines
- Restore virtual machines
- Restoring the full VMware virtual machine
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialog boxes (restore to original location)
- Virtual Machine Recovery dialogs boxes (restore to alternate location)
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using Backup, Archive, and Restore
- Restoring VMware virtual machine disks by using NetBackup commands
- Restoring individual VMware virtual machine files
- Browse and search virtual machines for restore
- Restore virtual machines with Instant Recovery
- Use NetBackup for vCloud Director
- Virtual machine recovery dialog boxes for vCloud Director
- Best practices and more information
- Appendix A. NetBackup commands to back up and restore virtual machines
- Using NetBackup commands to create a VMware policy
- Appendix B. Configuring services for NFS on Windows
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2012 or 2016 (NetBackup for VMware)
- About configuring services for NFS on Windows 2008 and 2008 R2 (NetBackup for VMware)
- Appendix C. The Reuse VM selection query results option
- Appendix D. Backup of VMware raw devices (RDM)
Storage Destination panel
The Storage Destination wizard panel shows the virtual disks to restore. They are either the disks you selected or the disks on which the file systems you selected for restore reside.
To change the values that apply to all of the virtual disks, use the fields in theregion of the wizard panel, as follows:
The default disk provisioning for all of the disks to be restored:, , or .
The name of theor the datastore cluster that is the destination for the restore.
Clickto select a different datastore or datastore cluster.
Whether to overwrite the existing virtual disk or disks on the target VM. If, overwrite the original virtual disk and retain the disk UUID. If , restore the virtual disk to the target VM as a new disk; VMware assigns a new UUID to the disk.
To override the global settings, change the values for individual virtual disks in thelist.