Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS)
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting an application database with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
Restoring the SharePoint Search Service Application
The following instructions describe how to restore the Shared Services Application. Select all of the components of the Search Service application for recovery. The SharePoint Agent un-provisions the Search service application, restores the components, and recovers the Search service application.
To restore the SharePoint Search Service Application
- Open the NetBackup Backup, Archive, and Restore interface.
- Open a Restore window.
- Select the full backup that contains the shared services.
- In the All Folders pane, expand Microsoft SharePoint Resources > Shared Services > Shared Services Applications.
- Select each Index Files folder for restore as follows:
For a successful restore, you must select the Index Files folder(s) exactly as described here.
In the All Folders pane, click on the folder for the Shared Services Application but do not select the checkbox for it.
In the Contents of pane, select each Index Files folder.
- Select each Shared Services database for restore as follows:
For a successful restore, you must select the database(s) exactly as described here.
In the All Folders pane, click on the folder for the Shared Services database but do not select the checkbox for it.
In the Contents of pane, select the Shared Services database.
- Choose Actions > Restore.
- In the Restore Marked Files dialog box, click the Microsoft SharePoint tab.
- Uncheck Bring restored databases online and reconnect previous database links.
- Click Start Restore.
- Restore any incremental backups. Do not select Bring restored databases online and reconnect previous database links except for the last incremental backup.