Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS)
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting an application database with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
Recovering a SharePoint server (without BMR)
This topic describes how to recover a SharePoint server installation without Bare Metal Restore (BMR).
To recover a SharePoint server (without BMR)
- Prepare the SharePoint host for restore. Configure it the same as the original host.
This configuration may involve new hardware and reinstalling the OS, Windows services packs, and the software that is needed to restore SharePoint from backup.
- Install any prerequisite software and SharePoint.
This installation includes running the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard.
- Create a new farm configuration database using the SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard.
- Open your Web browser and verify that you can access the SharePoint Central Administration pages and that the configuration includes the original farm members.
Run the Farm Configuration Wizard, if applicable.
- Configure the NetBackup master server and the SharePoint client hosts so you can restore SharePoint from the backup.
- From the front-end server open the NetBackup Backup, Archive, and Restore interface.
- Verify that the Microsoft SharePoint Resources:\ are visible.
- Restore the components of the SharePoint Server in the following order:
Web application(s), one at a time
Services (State Service database, metadata, and State Service Proxy)
Shared Services databases (Service application and metadata), one at a time
SharePoint Foundation Help Search (WSS_Search)
InfoPath Forms Services (Metadata)
Shared Services Proxies should not be restored. (When NetBackup restores the Service application it generates new URIs and proxies for the Service application.)
- Ensure that all the SharePoint and the SQL services are restarted on the SharePoint and the SQL Server, including the IIS service.
- Use the SharePoint Central Administration, IIS, or the NetBackup Backup, Archive, and Restore interface to browse the Web application sites. Verify that the Web application sites you restored are accessible and were restored properly.