Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS)
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting an application database with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
About policy attributes
With a few exceptions, NetBackup manages the policy attributes set for a database backup like a file system backup. Other policy attributes vary according to your specific backup strategy and system configuration.
For more information on policy attributes, see the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
Table: Policy attribute for NetBackup for SharePoint policies
Determines the types of clients that can be backed up with the policy. For SharePoint databases, select the policy type MS-SharePoint.
Limits the number of jobs that NetBackup performs concurrently with this policy. Set this option tofor the policies that are used to back up SharePoint databases.
Checkpoint restart is not supported with NetBackup for SharePoint policies.
Allows restores of individual items using Granular Recovery Technology (GRT). Documents external to the document library such as lists, calendars, and discussion boards cannot be restored individually. Users can only restore individual items from a full backup.
You can restore individual items only if the backup image resides on a disk storage unit. If you want to retain a granular backup on tape, you must duplicate the image. If you want to restore from a granular backup that was duplicated to tape, you must import the image to a disk storage unit.
SharePoint GRT-enabled backups do not support encryption or compression.
A textual description of a backup. Useful for browsing backups and restores.
Select this option to use NetBackup Accelerator to potentially increase the speed of full VMware backups. By reducing the backup time, it is easier to perform the VMware backup within the backup window. To use this feature, you must first perform an initial backup with Use Accelerator enabled. Subsequent backup times can then be significantly reduced.
Accelerator support for SharePoint currently restricts backups to the full schedule type. This restriction also exists for a VMware backup that protects SharePoint without Accelerator.
To periodically establish a new baseline of change detection on the client, create a separate policy schedule with theoption enabled.
This feature requires an MSDP or PureDisk storage unit and the Data Protection Optimization Option license. For more details on Accelerator with VMware backups, see the NetBackup for VMware Administrator's Guide.