Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
Last Published: 2021-01-01
Product(s): NetBackup (184.108.40.206, 9.0)
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS)
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting an application database with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
Enabling Services for Network File System (NFS) on a media server
To restore individual items from a backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT), you must enable Services for Network File System (NFS) on the media server. When this configuration is completed, you can disable any unnecessary NFS services.
To enable Services for Network File System (NFS) on a media server
- Open the Server Manager.
- From the Manage menu, click Add Roles and Features.
- In the Add Roles and Features Wizard, on the Before You Begin page, click Next.
- On the Select installation type page, select Role-based or feature-based installation.
- Click Next.
- On the Server Selection page, click Select a server from the server pool and select the server. Click Next.
- On the Server Roles page, expand File and Storage Services and File and iSCSI Services.
- Click File Server and Server for NFS. When you are prompted, click Add Features. Click Next.
- If the media server is also an SQL back-end server, on the Features page, click Client for NFS. Click Next.
- On the Confirmation page, click Install.
- Disable any unnecessary services, as follows:
If you have a single host that functions as both the media server and the SQL back-end server, you can disable the Server for NFS service.
For a host that is only the NetBackup media server, you can disable the Server for NFS and the Client for NFS services.