Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS)
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting an application database with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
Restoring SharePoint data from a VMware backup
SharePoint data is restored from a VMware backup in the same manner that it is restored from a backup that is performed with the SharePoint Agent. Though you use a VMware policy type to back up the data, you still use the MS-SharePoint policy type for the restore. NetBackup displays the SharePoint data in the VMware backup image that is available for restore.
When you perform a granular restore of SharePoint from multiple VMware application-aware backup images, browse and restore from one image at a time.
NetBackup only supports full VMware backups that protect SharePoint. In a VMware environment, you cannot restore NetBackup for SharePoint (MS-SharePoint) differential restores.
To restore SharePoint data from a VMware backup
- For the policy type, select MS-SharePoint.
- For the source client, select the name of the SharePoint front-end server.
Select the server that is listed first alphabetically in the list of front-end servers.
Even if SharePoint components exist on multiple computers, all the backups are cataloged under the same SharePoint server name. Once you select that server name, all available backup images for your SharePoint environment are displayed.
- Follow the instructions for a SharePoint restore from a non-VMware environment.
See About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation.