Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS)
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting an application database with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
Configuring the logon account for the NetBackup Client Service for NetBackup for SharePoint
For SharePoint 2019 and earlier, the NetBackup Client Service must log on with an account that has local administrator and SharePoint farm administrator privileges.
In Windows Services, configure the properties for the service for the host(s) where the Index Files or Index database(s) and where the document libraries reside. For any backups that use Granular Recovery Technology (GRT), configure this service on all SQL back-end servers.
For VMware backups and restores, configure the NetBackup Client Service on the systems that you use to browse for backups and the systems you use to perform restores.
To configure the logon account for the NetBackup Client Service for NetBackup for SharePoint
- Open the Windows Services application.
- Double-click on the NetBackup Client Service entry.
- Click on the Log On tab.
- For the Log on as account, provide the following:
For SharePoint 2019 and earlier, provide the account name that has local administrator and SharePoint farm administrator privileges.
- Type the password.
- Click OK.
- Stop and start the NetBackup Client Service.
- Close the Services control panel application.