Veritas NetBackup™ for Microsoft SharePoint Server Administrator's Guide
- Introducing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Installing and configuring NFS for SharePoint Granular Recovery
- About configuring Services for Network File System (NFS)
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint Server
- Configuring a SharePoint backup that uses Granular Recovery Technology (GRT)
- Configuring SharePoint client host properties
- Configuring NetBackup for SharePoint backup policies
- About configuring a backup policy for SharePoint
- Adding schedules to a NetBackup for SharePoint policy
- Creating a backup selections list for a SharePoint Server policy
- Performing backups and restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About user-directed backups of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- About restores of SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
- Protecting SharePoint Server data with VMware backups
- About protecting an application database with VMware backups
- About configuring a VMware backup that protects SharePoint Server
- Disaster recovery
- About NetBackup for SharePoint debug logging
- About NetBackup status reports
Restoring SharePoint Server and SharePoint Foundation
Multiple SharePoint Server resources can be restored together. The NetBackup Recovery Assistant determines the order in which the resources must be restored. You can restore any of the SharePoint resources in separate restore operations.
NetBackup does not prevent you from restoring placeholders. NetBackup also lets you restore any object that can hold a document, even if it does not contain a document.
Restoring SharePoint Server
- Enable the front-end Web server to redirect restores to the SQL Server hosts in the farm.
A redirected restore is performed since backups are cataloged under the front-end client name for the Federated SharePoint farm.
- Log on as Administrator.
- Open the Backup, Archive, and Restore interface.
- Choose File > Select Files and Folders to Restore > from Normal Backup.
- Select the MS-SharePoint policy type.
- Click OK.
NetBackup browses for SharePoint Server backup images.
From the NetBackup History pane, select the image(s) that contain the objects you want to restore:
The last full backup, or
The last full backup and all subsequent differential backups
- In the All Folders pane, expand Microsoft SharePoint Resources.
When you select items to restore, do not check the checkbox for an item in the All folders pane. Only check the checkbox for an item in the Contents of pane.
- In the Contents of pane, check the checkbox for the SharePoint resources to restore.
To select a database, click on (but do not check the checkbox for) the parent folder in the All Folders pane. Then check the checkbox for the database in the Contents of pane.
The following image shows a restore of a SharePoint 2010 Content database.
If you want to restore a subsite, expand the site collection in the All Folders pane. Then check the checkbox for the subsite in Contents of pane.
For a successful restore, you must select the Index Files folder(s) exactly as described here.
If you want to restore the SharePoint Index Files, do the following:
In the All Folders pane, click on the folder for the Shared Services Application but do not select the checkbox for it.
In the Contents of pane, select each Index Files folder.
- Choose Actions > Restore.
- In the Restore Marked Files dialog box, click the Microsoft SharePoint tab.
- Click Start Restore.