Veritas NetBackup™ for SAP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for SAP
- Introduction to NetBackup SAP HANA
- Installing NetBackup for SAP
- Installing NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring a backup policy for SAP
- NetBackup for SAP backup scripts
- About SAP configuration files
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring the master server for NetBackup SAP HANA
- Configuring the NetBackup client
- Configuring the SAP HANA Agent
- Performing backups and restores of SAP
- Using BRTools to start an SAP backup (for Oracle database only)
- Performing an SAP archive
- Restarting failed NetBackup for SAP backups and restores
- Restarting NetBackup for SAP backups
- Restarting SAP database restores on Oracle
- Performing backups and restores of SAP HANA
- NetBackup for SAP with Snapshot Client
- How the NetBackup for SAP Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring NetBackup for SAP block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for SAP
- About NetBackup for SAP restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- NetBackup for SAP on MaxDB databases
- Using NetBackup for SAP on a MaxDB database to perform backups and restores
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP and SAP HANA
- NetBackup debug logs and reports
- sapdba logs and messages (Oracle-based SAP environments only)
- About troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Appendix A. backint command line interface
- Appendix B. Input and output files for SAP HANA
- Appendix C. backint -i in_file contents
- Appendix D. backint -o out_file contents
- Appendix E. NetBackup for SAP environment variables for backint
- Appendix F. NetBackup for SAP configuration or bp.conf file settings
- Appendix G. Parameters used in initSID.utl
- sort_backup_type <value>
- sort_restore_type <value>
- Appendix H. Configuring split mirror backups
- Appendix I. Register authorized locations
Adding clients to a policy
The client list contains a list of the clients on which your scripts are run during an automatic backup or the clients that can send backup requests to the application schedule. A NetBackup client must be in at least one policy but can be in more than one.
For a NetBackup for SAP policy, clients you want to add must have the following items installed or available:
NetBackup client or server
The backup or restore scripts
To add clients to a NetBackup for SAP policy
- Open the policy you want to edit or create a new policy.
To access the Policy dialog box, double-click the policy name in the Policies list in the NetBackup Administration Console.
- Click the Clients tab.
- Click New.
- Type the name of the client and select the hardware and operating system of the client.
If SAP is installed in a cluster, specify the virtual name of the SAP server as the client name.
If you installed NetBackup on more than one node in the SAP cluster, you must perform additional configuration.
- Choose one of the following:
To add another client, click Add.
If this client is the last client you want to add, click OK.
- In the Policy dialog box, click OK.