Veritas NetBackup™ for SAP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for SAP
- Introduction to NetBackup SAP HANA
- Installing NetBackup for SAP
- Installing NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring a backup policy for SAP
- NetBackup for SAP backup scripts
- About SAP configuration files
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring the master server for NetBackup SAP HANA
- Configuring the NetBackup client
- Configuring the SAP HANA Agent
- Performing backups and restores of SAP
- Using BRTools to start an SAP backup (for Oracle database only)
- Performing an SAP archive
- Restarting failed NetBackup for SAP backups and restores
- Restarting NetBackup for SAP backups
- Restarting SAP database restores on Oracle
- Performing backups and restores of SAP HANA
- NetBackup for SAP with Snapshot Client
- How the NetBackup for SAP Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring NetBackup for SAP block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for SAP
- About NetBackup for SAP restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- NetBackup for SAP on MaxDB databases
- Using NetBackup for SAP on a MaxDB database to perform backups and restores
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP and SAP HANA
- NetBackup debug logs and reports
- sapdba logs and messages (Oracle-based SAP environments only)
- About troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Appendix A. backint command line interface
- Appendix B. Input and output files for SAP HANA
- Appendix C. backint -i in_file contents
- Appendix D. backint -o out_file contents
- Appendix E. NetBackup for SAP environment variables for backint
- Appendix F. NetBackup for SAP configuration or bp.conf file settings
- Appendix G. Parameters used in initSID.utl
- sort_backup_type <value>
- sort_restore_type <value>
- Appendix H. Configuring split mirror backups
- Appendix I. Register authorized locations
Using the SAP HANA studio for restore
Use the SAP HANA studio to backup the SAP HANA data. The following steps help you to set up the restore.
Setting up the restore using the SAP HANA studio
- On the SAP HANA studio interface, select the HANA instance that you want to recover. In this case <SID>.
- Right-click on the instance and select the Recover option as shown.
- For a recovery, the system must be offline. Select OK on the System Shutdown screen as shown.
- The Logon to SAP System Host screen displays. Specify the user name and password as shown and click OK.
- In the Recovery of System screen, select the Recover the database to its most recent state option and click Next.
- Check the details under Recovery of the Log Backups and click Next.
- Under Select Data Backup, select the data backup to recover the SAP HANA database and click Next.
- In the Other Settings screen, in the Check Availability of Delta and Log Backups section, select the Third-Party Backup Tool (Backint) check box.
If you are using SAP HANA SPS 10 or later, then ensure that in the Use Delta Backups section, the Use Delta Backups check box is selected.
- Confirm the recovery details under Review Recovery Settings and click Finish.
- Check the Activity Monitor of the NetBackup Administration Console to get the recovery information. On a successful recovery the following results are displayed: