Veritas NetBackup™ for SAP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for SAP
- Introduction to NetBackup SAP HANA
- Installing NetBackup for SAP
- Installing NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring a backup policy for SAP
- NetBackup for SAP backup scripts
- About SAP configuration files
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring the master server for NetBackup SAP HANA
- Configuring the NetBackup client
- Configuring the SAP HANA Agent
- Performing backups and restores of SAP
- Using BRTools to start an SAP backup (for Oracle database only)
- Performing an SAP archive
- Restarting failed NetBackup for SAP backups and restores
- Restarting NetBackup for SAP backups
- Restarting SAP database restores on Oracle
- Performing backups and restores of SAP HANA
- NetBackup for SAP with Snapshot Client
- How the NetBackup for SAP Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring NetBackup for SAP block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for SAP
- About NetBackup for SAP restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- NetBackup for SAP on MaxDB databases
- Using NetBackup for SAP on a MaxDB database to perform backups and restores
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP and SAP HANA
- NetBackup debug logs and reports
- sapdba logs and messages (Oracle-based SAP environments only)
- About troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Appendix A. backint command line interface
- Appendix B. Input and output files for SAP HANA
- Appendix C. backint -i in_file contents
- Appendix D. backint -o out_file contents
- Appendix E. NetBackup for SAP environment variables for backint
- Appendix F. NetBackup for SAP configuration or bp.conf file settings
- Appendix G. Parameters used in initSID.utl
- sort_backup_type <value>
- sort_restore_type <value>
- Appendix H. Configuring split mirror backups
- Appendix I. Register authorized locations
Creating a backup policy for SAP HANA
This topic describes how to create a new backup policy for the SAP HANA.
To create a backup policy for SAP HANA
- Log on to the master server as root or administrator.
- Start the NetBackup Administration Console.
- In the left pane, click Policies. In the All Policies pane, right-click the master server, and click New Policy.
- In the Add a New Policy dialog box, in the Policy name field, type a unique name (for example, sap_backup) for the policy.
- Click OK.
- In the Add New Policy dialog box, in the Policy type list, select SAP.
- Select a disk-based storage unit from the Policy storage drop-down list.
- On the Attributes tab, select the Follow NFS, Compress and Encrypt options.
When you use media server deduplication pools, PureDisk deduplication pool, or a virtual tape library as the storage unit, do not select Compress and Encrypt options.
- Complete the entries on the Attributes tab.
- Add other policy information as follows:
NetBackup automatically creates a schedule for SAP HANA. Make any changes on the Schedules tab.
On the Clients tab, add all the SAP HANA nodes.
Add scripts to the backup selections list.
- After you complete adding the required clients and scripts, click OK.