Veritas NetBackup™ for SAP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for SAP
- Introduction to NetBackup SAP HANA
- Installing NetBackup for SAP
- Installing NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring a backup policy for SAP
- NetBackup for SAP backup scripts
- About SAP configuration files
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring the master server for NetBackup SAP HANA
- Configuring the NetBackup client
- Configuring the SAP HANA Agent
- Performing backups and restores of SAP
- Using BRTools to start an SAP backup (for Oracle database only)
- Performing an SAP archive
- Restarting failed NetBackup for SAP backups and restores
- Restarting NetBackup for SAP backups
- Restarting SAP database restores on Oracle
- Performing backups and restores of SAP HANA
- NetBackup for SAP with Snapshot Client
- How the NetBackup for SAP Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring NetBackup for SAP block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for SAP
- About NetBackup for SAP restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- NetBackup for SAP on MaxDB databases
- Using NetBackup for SAP on a MaxDB database to perform backups and restores
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP and SAP HANA
- NetBackup debug logs and reports
- sapdba logs and messages (Oracle-based SAP environments only)
- About troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Appendix A. backint command line interface
- Appendix B. Input and output files for SAP HANA
- Appendix C. backint -i in_file contents
- Appendix D. backint -o out_file contents
- Appendix E. NetBackup for SAP environment variables for backint
- Appendix F. NetBackup for SAP configuration or bp.conf file settings
- Appendix G. Parameters used in initSID.utl
- sort_backup_type <value>
- sort_restore_type <value>
- Appendix H. Configuring split mirror backups
- Appendix I. Register authorized locations
About policy attributes
With a few exceptions, NetBackup manages the policy attributes set for a database backup like a file system backup. Other policy attributes vary according to your specific backup strategy and system configuration.
Table: Policy attribute for NetBackup for SAP policies describes some of the policy attributes available for a NetBackup for SAP policy. For more information on policy attributes, see the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
Table: Policy attribute for NetBackup for SAP policies
Determines the types of clients that can be backed up with the policy. For SAP databases, select the policy type SAP.
This option is available for SAP policies on UNIX. Select this attribute to back up the files from NFS-mounted file systems. If this option is not selected, NetBackup cannot perform a backup of NFS-mounted files.
Also see the NetBackup Administrator's Guide, Volume I.
This option is not available for snapshot backups.
For NetBackup for SAP, theentry is ignored.
This group contains the options that enable backups with Snapshot Client.