Veritas NetBackup™ for SAP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for SAP
- Introduction to NetBackup SAP HANA
- Installing NetBackup for SAP
- Installing NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring a backup policy for SAP
- NetBackup for SAP backup scripts
- About SAP configuration files
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring the master server for NetBackup SAP HANA
- Configuring the NetBackup client
- Configuring the SAP HANA Agent
- Performing backups and restores of SAP
- Using BRTools to start an SAP backup (for Oracle database only)
- Performing an SAP archive
- Restarting failed NetBackup for SAP backups and restores
- Restarting NetBackup for SAP backups
- Restarting SAP database restores on Oracle
- Performing backups and restores of SAP HANA
- NetBackup for SAP with Snapshot Client
- How the NetBackup for SAP Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring NetBackup for SAP block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for SAP
- About NetBackup for SAP restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- NetBackup for SAP on MaxDB databases
- Using NetBackup for SAP on a MaxDB database to perform backups and restores
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP and SAP HANA
- NetBackup debug logs and reports
- sapdba logs and messages (Oracle-based SAP environments only)
- About troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Appendix A. backint command line interface
- Appendix B. Input and output files for SAP HANA
- Appendix C. backint -i in_file contents
- Appendix D. backint -o out_file contents
- Appendix E. NetBackup for SAP environment variables for backint
- Appendix F. NetBackup for SAP configuration or bp.conf file settings
- Appendix G. Parameters used in initSID.utl
- sort_backup_type <value>
- sort_restore_type <value>
- Appendix H. Configuring split mirror backups
- Appendix I. Register authorized locations
Performing an SAP offline backup with SAPDBA
The following procedure shows you how to perform an offline backup with SAPDBA.
- Verify that you have completely configured NetBackup, NetBackup for SAP, and the SAP tools.
- Verify that you are user sapadm.
- Run the stopsap R3 command to stop SAP.
- Start sapdba.
- Type h to select the Backup database menu item.
- Type d to select Objects for backup.
- Type g and type the name of the object to back up.
For example: PSAPUSER1D.
- Type q to go back to the previous menu.
The information that is returned indicates the following:
The backup device type is external backup tool (backint).
The backup type is offline_force.
Tablespace is PSAPUSER1D.
- Type S to start the backup.