Veritas NetBackup™ for SAP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for SAP
- Introduction to NetBackup SAP HANA
- Installing NetBackup for SAP
- Installing NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring a backup policy for SAP
- NetBackup for SAP backup scripts
- About SAP configuration files
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring the master server for NetBackup SAP HANA
- Configuring the NetBackup client
- Configuring the SAP HANA Agent
- Performing backups and restores of SAP
- Using BRTools to start an SAP backup (for Oracle database only)
- Performing an SAP archive
- Restarting failed NetBackup for SAP backups and restores
- Restarting NetBackup for SAP backups
- Restarting SAP database restores on Oracle
- Performing backups and restores of SAP HANA
- NetBackup for SAP with Snapshot Client
- How the NetBackup for SAP Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring NetBackup for SAP block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for SAP
- About NetBackup for SAP restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- NetBackup for SAP on MaxDB databases
- Using NetBackup for SAP on a MaxDB database to perform backups and restores
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP and SAP HANA
- NetBackup debug logs and reports
- sapdba logs and messages (Oracle-based SAP environments only)
- About troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Appendix A. backint command line interface
- Appendix B. Input and output files for SAP HANA
- Appendix C. backint -i in_file contents
- Appendix D. backint -o out_file contents
- Appendix E. NetBackup for SAP environment variables for backint
- Appendix F. NetBackup for SAP configuration or bp.conf file settings
- Appendix G. Parameters used in initSID.utl
- sort_backup_type <value>
- sort_restore_type <value>
- Appendix H. Configuring split mirror backups
- Appendix I. Register authorized locations
How NetBackup for SAP performs a split mirror backup using backint
Figure: SAP Oracle online and offline backups by using the brbackup command and backint command lists the sequence of operations when you use backint to perform a backup.
When NetBackup for SAP performs a backup by using the backint, the following occurs:
NetBackup for SAP receives a list of files to back up from brbackup.
NetBackup for SAP queries the policy to check whether the Snapshot Client policy attributes are specified.
When NetBackup for SAP is ready to back up the files, it sends a request to brbackup to put the data files into backup mode
Depending on the parameters with which the brbackup command was invoked, brbackup either shuts down the database or puts the database in backup mode.
NetBackup for SAP quickly creates a snapshot of the files to back up. This operation typically takes a few seconds or minutes.
NetBackup for SAP notifies brbackup that the snapshot has been taken and that the database can be either started or taken out of backup mode.
brbackup either starts the database or takes the database out of backup mode.
NetBackup backs up the snapshot that it created.
NetBackup returns backup image information to brbackup.