Veritas NetBackup™ for SAP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for SAP
- Introduction to NetBackup SAP HANA
- Installing NetBackup for SAP
- Installing NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring a backup policy for SAP
- NetBackup for SAP backup scripts
- About SAP configuration files
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring the master server for NetBackup SAP HANA
- Configuring the NetBackup client
- Configuring the SAP HANA Agent
- Performing backups and restores of SAP
- Using BRTools to start an SAP backup (for Oracle database only)
- Performing an SAP archive
- Restarting failed NetBackup for SAP backups and restores
- Restarting NetBackup for SAP backups
- Restarting SAP database restores on Oracle
- Performing backups and restores of SAP HANA
- NetBackup for SAP with Snapshot Client
- How the NetBackup for SAP Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring NetBackup for SAP block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for SAP
- About NetBackup for SAP restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- NetBackup for SAP on MaxDB databases
- Using NetBackup for SAP on a MaxDB database to perform backups and restores
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP and SAP HANA
- NetBackup debug logs and reports
- sapdba logs and messages (Oracle-based SAP environments only)
- About troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Appendix A. backint command line interface
- Appendix B. Input and output files for SAP HANA
- Appendix C. backint -i in_file contents
- Appendix D. backint -o out_file contents
- Appendix E. NetBackup for SAP environment variables for backint
- Appendix F. NetBackup for SAP configuration or bp.conf file settings
- Appendix G. Parameters used in initSID.utl
- sort_backup_type <value>
- sort_restore_type <value>
- Appendix H. Configuring split mirror backups
- Appendix I. Register authorized locations
Configuration requirements for snapshot backups with NetBackup for SAP
Each snapshot type has its own hardware requirements, software requirements, compatibility with certain features, and the snapshot methods that are supported. Special requirements apply for specific types of backups. See the NetBackup Snapshot Client Administrator's Guide and the Veritas Support website for more information. Familiarize yourself with this information before you configure any snapshot backups.
The following list highlights some of the requirements that pertain to database agents:
Snapshot Client backups do not back up all database objects. Your backup configuration must include schedules to perform snapshot and stream-based backups. This configuration ensures that the entire database can be restored successfully.
On UNIX, the user identification and group identification numbers (UIDs and GIDs) associated with the files to be backed up must be available. The UID and GID must be available to both the primary client and the alternate backup client. The UID on the primary client and the alternate backup client must be the same. Similarly, the GID on the primary client and the alternate backup client must be the same.
Ensure that the data files reside on a volume or a file system that does not contain archive logs, control files, or executables.
The hardware and software that is required for the appropriate snapshot method must be installed and configured correctly.
NetBackup Snapshot Client must be installed and configured correctly, and the master server must have a valid license for this option.
To perform off-host backups, specify the off-host in the backup policy and ensure that host has the software and permissions to mount the snapshot.
To perform Snapshot Client backups or restores, you need brtools version 6.40, patch level 36 or greater.