Veritas NetBackup™ for SAP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for SAP
- Introduction to NetBackup SAP HANA
- Installing NetBackup for SAP
- Installing NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring a backup policy for SAP
- NetBackup for SAP backup scripts
- About SAP configuration files
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring the master server for NetBackup SAP HANA
- Configuring the NetBackup client
- Configuring the SAP HANA Agent
- Performing backups and restores of SAP
- Using BRTools to start an SAP backup (for Oracle database only)
- Performing an SAP archive
- Restarting failed NetBackup for SAP backups and restores
- Restarting NetBackup for SAP backups
- Restarting SAP database restores on Oracle
- Performing backups and restores of SAP HANA
- NetBackup for SAP with Snapshot Client
- How the NetBackup for SAP Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring NetBackup for SAP block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for SAP
- About NetBackup for SAP restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- NetBackup for SAP on MaxDB databases
- Using NetBackup for SAP on a MaxDB database to perform backups and restores
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP and SAP HANA
- NetBackup debug logs and reports
- sapdba logs and messages (Oracle-based SAP environments only)
- About troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Appendix A. backint command line interface
- Appendix B. Input and output files for SAP HANA
- Appendix C. backint -i in_file contents
- Appendix D. backint -o out_file contents
- Appendix E. NetBackup for SAP environment variables for backint
- Appendix F. NetBackup for SAP configuration or bp.conf file settings
- Appendix G. Parameters used in initSID.utl
- sort_backup_type <value>
- sort_restore_type <value>
- Appendix H. Configuring split mirror backups
- Appendix I. Register authorized locations
Configuring a NAS snapshot policy for NetBackup for SAP on UNIX/Linux
This topic describes how to configure a NetBackup for SAP NAS snapshot policy.
- Open the policy you want to configure.
- Click on the Attributes tab.
- Select the SAP policy type.
Select a storage unit.
NetBackup creates the snapshot on disk regardless of which storage unit you select.
NetBackup for SAP uses the policy storage unit for backups of the profile and the configuration files. (The files that are backed up as part of brbackup phase 2). You can override this storage unit in the Application Backup schedule.
- Select Perform snapshot backups and Retain snapshots for instant recovery or SLP management.
- Select Perform off-host backup.
- From the Use list, select Data Mover.
- From the Machine list, select Network Attached Storage.
See the policy configuration topic of the NetBackup Snapshot Client Administrator's Guide.
When the policy runs, NetBackup automatically selects the NAS_Snapshot method for creating the snapshot.
As an alternative, you can manually select the NAS_Snapshot method in the Advanced Snapshot Options dialog box from the policy display. Information about the Maximum Snapshots (Instant Recovery only) parameter is available.
- Click the Schedules tab.
- Click New.
Configure both an Automatic Backup schedule and an Application Backup schedule, as follows:
The Automatic Backup schedule is for the database files.
In the Destination panel, under Instant recovery, select Snapshots only. This option suppresses NetBackup's default behavior, which is to copy the snapshot to a storage unit.
The Application Backup schedule is for the archived redo logs and the control files.
- Click the Clients tab.
Specify clients to be backed up by this policy.
- Click the Backup Selections tab.
- Specify a backup script.
Review the information for how to use scripts for a NetBackup for SAP with Snapshot Client policy
- Configure other attributes and add any additional schedules and backup selections.