Veritas NetBackup™ for SAP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for SAP
- Introduction to NetBackup SAP HANA
- Installing NetBackup for SAP
- Installing NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring a backup policy for SAP
- NetBackup for SAP backup scripts
- About SAP configuration files
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring the master server for NetBackup SAP HANA
- Configuring the NetBackup client
- Configuring the SAP HANA Agent
- Performing backups and restores of SAP
- Using BRTools to start an SAP backup (for Oracle database only)
- Performing an SAP archive
- Restarting failed NetBackup for SAP backups and restores
- Restarting NetBackup for SAP backups
- Restarting SAP database restores on Oracle
- Performing backups and restores of SAP HANA
- NetBackup for SAP with Snapshot Client
- How the NetBackup for SAP Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring NetBackup for SAP block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for SAP
- About NetBackup for SAP restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- NetBackup for SAP on MaxDB databases
- Using NetBackup for SAP on a MaxDB database to perform backups and restores
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP and SAP HANA
- NetBackup debug logs and reports
- sapdba logs and messages (Oracle-based SAP environments only)
- About troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Appendix A. backint command line interface
- Appendix B. Input and output files for SAP HANA
- Appendix C. backint -i in_file contents
- Appendix D. backint -o out_file contents
- Appendix E. NetBackup for SAP environment variables for backint
- Appendix F. NetBackup for SAP configuration or bp.conf file settings
- Appendix G. Parameters used in initSID.utl
- sort_backup_type <value>
- sort_restore_type <value>
- Appendix H. Configuring split mirror backups
- Appendix I. Register authorized locations
Configuring the Maximum jobs per client for NetBackup for SAP
The following procedure shows how to set theattribute.
- In the left pane of the NetBackup Administration Console, expand NetBackup Management > Host Properties.
- Select Master Server.
- In the right pane, double-click the server icon.
- In the Master Server Properties: <master server name> window, click Global Attributes.
- Change the Maximum jobs per client value to 99.
The Maximum jobs per client specifies the maximum number of concurrent backups that are allowed per client. The default is 1.
The following points help you to determine an appropriate Maximum jobs per client setting:
Determine which policies can be active concurrently based on scheduling and duration of backup.
For each policy determine the number of jobs that can be sent concurrently be the client.
For SAP with RMAN backups, how many channels are specified in the initSID.sap file or the default instance configuration?
For SAP without RMAN, this is based on the keywords in the initSID.utl file; sort_backup_type and drives.
For MaxDB, this is the count of backup medium that is used for the backup. Typically one unless a parallel medium group is used.
Check if the policy specifies a lower concurrent job limit.
Check if the settings for the storage units or storage servers that are used by the policies specify lower maximum numbers of concurrent jobs.
For tape storage units, the number of tape drives may provide a lower limit.
Check the MPX settings in the storage unit and policy; the lower MPX setting, times the number of tape drives, limits the number of jobs.
Enter a large enough value for theattribute to meet the number of jobs that SAP runs. You may need to experiment with different values at your site.