Veritas NetBackup™ for SAP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for SAP
- Introduction to NetBackup SAP HANA
- Installing NetBackup for SAP
- Installing NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring a backup policy for SAP
- NetBackup for SAP backup scripts
- About SAP configuration files
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring the master server for NetBackup SAP HANA
- Configuring the NetBackup client
- Configuring the SAP HANA Agent
- Performing backups and restores of SAP
- Using BRTools to start an SAP backup (for Oracle database only)
- Performing an SAP archive
- Restarting failed NetBackup for SAP backups and restores
- Restarting NetBackup for SAP backups
- Restarting SAP database restores on Oracle
- Performing backups and restores of SAP HANA
- NetBackup for SAP with Snapshot Client
- How the NetBackup for SAP Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring NetBackup for SAP block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for SAP
- About NetBackup for SAP restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- NetBackup for SAP on MaxDB databases
- Using NetBackup for SAP on a MaxDB database to perform backups and restores
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP and SAP HANA
- NetBackup debug logs and reports
- sapdba logs and messages (Oracle-based SAP environments only)
- About troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Appendix A. backint command line interface
- Appendix B. Input and output files for SAP HANA
- Appendix C. backint -i in_file contents
- Appendix D. backint -o out_file contents
- Appendix E. NetBackup for SAP environment variables for backint
- Appendix F. NetBackup for SAP configuration or bp.conf file settings
- Appendix G. Parameters used in initSID.utl
- sort_backup_type <value>
- sort_restore_type <value>
- Appendix H. Configuring split mirror backups
- Appendix I. Register authorized locations
Node level configuration
The Database Instance installation creates a directory /usr/sap/<SID> containing links to the installation directory.
So the path /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdb/opt/hdbbackint is the same on each HANA installation, independent of the hardware vendor.
Manually create a node_names.txt file under /usr/openv/netbackup/ext/db_ext/sap.
This file should contain all probable client names (appliance node), one name per line.
The SAP HANA admin should update this file whenever a new node is added or removed from the appliance.
Using the root user, give +r permissions to the newly created file node_names.txt on every client (appliance node).
Create a link from SAP HANA's hdbbackint to hdbbackint_script script instead of NetBackup's
ln -s /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/hdbbackint_script /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdb/opt/hdbbackint
If the opt directory is not present, at /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdblocation, you must create it and then create a hdbbackint link as mentioned above.
The HANA DB Master node triggers the backups on all the nodes.