Veritas NetBackup™ for SAP Administrator's Guide
- Introduction to NetBackup for SAP
- Introduction to NetBackup SAP HANA
- Installing NetBackup for SAP
- Installing NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring a backup policy for SAP
- NetBackup for SAP backup scripts
- About SAP configuration files
- Configuring NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Configuring the master server for NetBackup SAP HANA
- Configuring the NetBackup client
- Configuring the SAP HANA Agent
- Performing backups and restores of SAP
- Using BRTools to start an SAP backup (for Oracle database only)
- Performing an SAP archive
- Restarting failed NetBackup for SAP backups and restores
- Restarting NetBackup for SAP backups
- Restarting SAP database restores on Oracle
- Performing backups and restores of SAP HANA
- NetBackup for SAP with Snapshot Client
- How the NetBackup for SAP Snapshot Client works
- About configuring Snapshot Client with NetBackup for SAP
- About configuring NetBackup for SAP block-level incremental backups on UNIX
- Configuring policies for BLI backups with NetBackup for SAP
- About NetBackup for SAP restores of volumes and file systems using snapshot rollback
- NetBackup for SAP on MaxDB databases
- Using NetBackup for SAP on a MaxDB database to perform backups and restores
- Troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP and SAP HANA
- NetBackup debug logs and reports
- sapdba logs and messages (Oracle-based SAP environments only)
- About troubleshooting NetBackup for SAP HANA
- Appendix A. backint command line interface
- Appendix B. Input and output files for SAP HANA
- Appendix C. backint -i in_file contents
- Appendix D. backint -o out_file contents
- Appendix E. NetBackup for SAP environment variables for backint
- Appendix F. NetBackup for SAP configuration or bp.conf file settings
- Appendix G. Parameters used in initSID.utl
- sort_backup_type <value>
- sort_restore_type <value>
- Appendix H. Configuring split mirror backups
- Appendix I. Register authorized locations
Using SAP HANA studio for SAP HANA instance redirected restore
Use the SAP HANA studio to backup the SAP HANA data. The following steps help you to set up the redirected restore.
NetBackup supports redirected restores for any backups that it performed with NetBackup 22.214.171.124 and with 7.7.1 and later. You cannot redirect a restore for any backups that were performed with earlier releases.
Setting up the SAP HANA instance redirected restore using the SAP HANA studio
- On the SAP HANA studio interface, select the destination SAP HANA instance that you want to recover.
- Right-click the SAP HANA instance, and select Backup and Recovery > Recover System.
- On the Shutdown System screen, select OK.
Before a recovery can start, the system must be offline.
- In the Recovery of System <system name> screen, select one of the following options, and click Next.
Recover the database to its most recent state - If you select this option, see step 5 for further steps.
Recover the database to the following point in time - If you select this option, see step 5 for further steps.
Recover the database to a specific data backup or storage snapshot - Select this option when you want to restore only the data backup and not the log backups. If you select this option, see step 10 for further steps.
- Specify the source instance name in the Source System field, and click Next.
By default, the Source System field is prepopulated with the destination SAP HANA instance name.
In SAP HANA SPS 10 and later, you must select the Backint System Copy check box to enable the Source System field.
- In the Select a Backup screen, select a data backup to recover the SAP HANA database, and click Next.
- In the Check Availability of Log Backups section, clear the File System check box and select the Third-Party Backup Tool (Backint) check box. In the Initialize Log Area section, select the Initialize Log Area check box, and then click Next.
If you use SAP HANA SPS 10 and later, ensure that the Use Delta Backups check box is selected.
- In the Review Recovery Settings screen, confirm the recovery details, and click Finish.
- Check the Activity Monitor of the NetBackupAdministration Console to view the recovery information.
- If you have selected Recover the database to a specific data backup or storage snapshot in step 3 and clicked Next, then in the Specify Backup Location screen, you can select one of the following options:
Search for the catalog in Backint only - see Step 11 for further steps.
Specify backup without catalog - see Step 16 for further steps.