Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Client (HTML5) Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Client (HTML5)
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery events and best practices
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Client (HTML5) plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Setting vCenter privileges for recovering virtual machines
Use the following procedure to set the user privileges in vCenter for the NetBackup Recovery wizards. Set the privileges on each vCenter where virtual machines may need to be restored.
If the user account to access the plug-in cannot be assigned administrator privileges, you must set the following permissions at the vCenter level.
To set vCenter privileges for recovering virtual machines
- In vSphere Client, click Administration > Roles.
- Under Roles, click Administrator.
- Click Privileges.
- Scroll down to Global and make sure Log Event is listed.
- Scroll down to NetBackup Recovery and make sure the following are listed:
Add or Remove NetBackup Servers
Virtual Machine Recovery
- Set these privileges on each vCenter where virtual machines may need to be restored.
The NetBackup Virtual Machine Recovery privilege grants global recovery authorization. It allows users with that role to recover any virtual machine that resides on that vCenter. Use caution when granting this privilege to users.