Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Client (HTML5) Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Client (HTML5)
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery events and best practices
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Client (HTML5) plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
The NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards are optional features of the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Client (HTML5). The wizards provide a means of recovering virtual machines. They are not required for monitoring virtual machine backups.
To use the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards to restore virtual machines, configure the following:
Table: Configuring the NetBackup Recovery Wizard
Configure ports for the NetBackup Web Services.
Create an authentication token file.*
Authorize the plug-in to restore virtual machines.
Set the required vCenter privileges.
*For certain networks, it may be necessary to associate an authentication token with more than one host name or IP address.