Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Client (HTML5) Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Client (HTML5)
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery events and best practices
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Client (HTML5) plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Best practices for instant recovery operations
The following best practices are advised during the Instant Recovery Wizard (IR) operations.
Instant recovery can be simultaneously performed for about ten virtual machines for a single NetBackup master server. For performance reasons, it may be better to limit the operation to 2 to 3 virtual machines if the NetBackup storage type is PureDisk. Consult your backup administrator for more details.
If an Instant Recovery operation (activate/reactivate/deactivate/done) fails, check the NetBackup event logs using the vSphere Client interface: Monitor tab > Veritas NetBackup > Events.
Remove from the plug-in any NetBackup master servers in an unused, unreachable, or shutdown state.
On the Instant Recovery Wizard screens, wait for the ongoing IR operation to complete. While the cursor indicates a busy state, do not click on other options.