Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Client (HTML5) Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Client (HTML5)
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery events and best practices
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Client (HTML5) plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Upgrading the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Client (HTML5)
You can upgrade the NetBackup plug-in from an earlier version.
To upgrade the plug-in, the vCenter credentials require theprivileges.
To upgrade the NetBackup plug-in from an earlier version
- On the master server, run the vwcp_manage command:
UNIX, Linux: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/vwcp_manage
The vwcp_manage command detects any existing version of the plug-in.
- On the End User License Agreement dialog, click Accept.
- On the VMware vCenter Server Details dialog, select the vCenter from the pull-down list and enter the vCenter credentials. Click Validate.
On the Plug-in package location dialog:
The URL field is pre-populated with the plug-in package URL as hosted on the master server.
To use a custom web server instead of the master server, select Use alternate plug-in package location and enter the full URL for the plug-in package.
- On the Unregister or Upgrade dialog, click Upgrade and confirm it.
- On the Finish dialog, click Close.
- Log on to vSphere Client. If you are currently logged on, log out first.
The Veritas NetBackup option should appear in the left pane and in Shortcuts.
If the Veritas NetBackup option does not appear: