Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Client (HTML5) Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Client (HTML5)
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery events and best practices
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Client (HTML5) plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
About excluding virtual disks from the backup
NetBackup provides several methods to exclude virtual machine disks from backups. One method lets you exclude the virtual disks that are defined in a virtual machine's Custom Attributes. NetBackup then excludes those disks if you specify the custom attribute name in the backup policy.
Veritas provides aoption in the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Client (HTML5). You can use that option to configure and apply a custom attribute to a virtual machine or multiple virtual machines.
To use the plug-in to configure a custom attribute to exclude disks from backups, the vCenter Global credentials Manage custom attributes and Set custom attribute are required.