Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Client (HTML5) Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Client (HTML5)
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery events and best practices
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Client (HTML5) plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Using consistent vCenter naming with the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Client (HTML5)
The name of the vCenter server must be identical in the following locations:
If the vCenter server name is not entered correctly, the plug-in may not be able to access one or more of the virtual machine images. Renaming the vCenter server is currently not supported for vCenter version 6.0 or 6.5.
To set the
- In vSphere Client, click Global Inventory Lists. Under Resources, click vCenter Servers and select the vCenter. Then click Configure > Advanced Settings.
- Scroll down to locate the VirtualCenter.VimApiUrl key.
- Set the VirtualCenter.VimApiUrl key to the following:
https://correct hostname of the vCenter machine/sdk
Where hostname is the current host name of the vCenter.
For example: https://vCenter1.example.com/sdk
To set the
- Use the following procedure in the VMware vSphere 6.5 documentation: