Veritas NetBackup™ Plug-in for VMware vSphere Client (HTML5) Guide
- Introduction and notes
- Installing the NetBackup plug-in for vSphere Client (HTML5)
- Configuration overview for the NetBackup Recovery and Instant Recovery Wizards
- Excluding virtual disks from the backup
- Monitoring backup status
- Restoring virtual machines
- NetBackup Recovery Wizard screens
- NetBackup Instant Recovery Wizard screens
- Appendix A. Instant recovery events and best practices
- Appendix B. Installing the vSphere Client (HTML5) plug-in from a NetBackup media server and plug-in package host
Disk Provision screen
Select the provisioning (format) for the restored virtual disks.
Table: Fields in the Disk Provision screen
Restores the virtual machine's virtual disks with their original provisioning.
Thick Provision Lazy Zeroed
Configures the restored virtual disks in the thick format. The virtual disk space is allocated when the disk is created. This option restores the populated blocks, but initializes vacant blocks with zeros later, on demand.
Thick Provision Eager Zeroed
Configures the restored virtual disks in the thick format. Restores the populated blocks and immediately initializes vacant blocks with zeros (eagerly zeroed). Creation of the virtual disks may take more time with this option. However, if the restore occurs over a SAN, the eagerly zeroed feature may speed up the restore by reducing network communication with the vCenter server.
Configures the restored virtual disks in the thin format. Restores the populated blocks but does not initialize vacant blocks or commit them.