Please enter search query. Search <book_title>...
Veritas NetBackup™ AdvancedDisk Storage Solutions Guide
Last Published: 2018-02-16
Product(s): NetBackup (188.8.131.52, 8.3, 8.2, 8.1.1, 8.1)
- Introducing AdvancedDisk
- Licensing AdvancedDisk
- Configuring AdvancedDisk
- Configuring key management for NetBackup AdvancedDisk storage encryption
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk storage server
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk disk pool
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk storage unit
- Creating a storage lifecycle policy
- Managing AdvancedDisk
- Managing AdvancedDisk storage servers
- Managing AdvancedDisk disk pools
- Displaying detailed AdvancedDisk storage usage information
- Toubleshooting AdvancedDisk
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
About throttling traffic to the media servers
You can use thesettings on disk pool storage units to throttle the traffic to the media servers. Effectively, this setting also directs higher loads to specific media servers when you use multiple storage units for the same disk pool. A higher number of concurrent jobs means that the disk can be busier than if the number is lower.
For example, two storage units use the same set of media servers. One of the storage units (STU-GOLD) has a highersetting than the other (STU-SILVER). More client backups occur for the storage unit with the higher setting.