Veritas NetBackup™ AdvancedDisk Storage Solutions Guide
- Introducing AdvancedDisk
- Licensing AdvancedDisk
- Configuring AdvancedDisk
- Configuring key management for NetBackup AdvancedDisk storage encryption
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk storage server
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk disk pool
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk storage unit
- Creating a storage lifecycle policy
- Managing AdvancedDisk
- Managing AdvancedDisk storage servers
- Managing AdvancedDisk disk pools
- Displaying detailed AdvancedDisk storage usage information
- Toubleshooting AdvancedDisk
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
Configuring credentials for CIFS storage and disk storage units
NetBackup Client Service
NetBackup Remote Manager and Monitor Service
The following items describe the requirements for the account and credentials:
Both of the services must run under the same Windows user account.
The account must be the same account that the Windows operating system uses for read and write access to the CIFS share.
Configure the account and the credentials on the media server or media servers that have a file system mount on the CIFS storage. Then, configure Windows so that the two aforementioned services use that account.
To configure service credentials for CIFS storage and disk storage units
- In Windows, configure both the NetBackup Client Service and the NetBackup Remote Manager and Monitor Service so they meet the credential requirements. Those requirements are described previously in this document.
See your Windows operating system documentation for the procedures. How to configure Windows is beyond the scope of the NetBackup documentation.