Veritas NetBackup™ AdvancedDisk Storage Solutions Guide
- Introducing AdvancedDisk
- Licensing AdvancedDisk
- Configuring AdvancedDisk
- Configuring key management for NetBackup AdvancedDisk storage encryption
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk storage server
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk disk pool
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk storage unit
- Creating a storage lifecycle policy
- Managing AdvancedDisk
- Managing AdvancedDisk storage servers
- Managing AdvancedDisk disk pools
- Displaying detailed AdvancedDisk storage usage information
- Toubleshooting AdvancedDisk
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
Creating a KMS key group for NetBackup AdvancedDisk storage encryption
Creating a KMS key group is the second task in the process of configuring the NetBackup Key Management Service manually.
A key group is a container for key records. Each storage server and volume combination requires a key group in the following format:
UNIX storage: storage_server_name:volume_name
Windows storage: storage_server_name:
To create a KMS key group
- On the NetBackup master server, create a key group by using the nbkmsutil command and the -createkg option. The format of the command depends on the operating system of the host or hosts to which the storage is attached, as follows:
Storage on UNIX:
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/nbkmsutil -createkg -kgname storage_server_name:volume_name
Storage on Windows:
install_path\Veritas\NetBackup\bin\admincmd\nbkmsutil -createkg -kgname storage_server_name:
The following is the criteria for the key group name:
For the storage_server_name, you must use the same name that you use for the storage server. The name can be a fully-qualified domain name or a short name, but it must be the same as the storage server.
The colon (:) is required after the storage_server_name.
For the volume_name on UNIX host storage, specify the name of the last directory in the storage path. For example, use
backupsif the storage path is
Storage hosted on windows servers does not require a volume_name.
- After you create the key groups, create a key record for each group.