Veritas NetBackup™ AdvancedDisk Storage Solutions Guide
- Introducing AdvancedDisk
- Licensing AdvancedDisk
- Configuring AdvancedDisk
- Configuring key management for NetBackup AdvancedDisk storage encryption
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk storage server
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk disk pool
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk storage unit
- Creating a storage lifecycle policy
- Managing AdvancedDisk
- Managing AdvancedDisk storage servers
- Managing AdvancedDisk disk pools
- Displaying detailed AdvancedDisk storage usage information
- Toubleshooting AdvancedDisk
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
About using the vxlogview command to view unified logs
Unlike the files that are written in legacy logging, unified logging files cannot be easily viewed with a text editor. The unified logging files are in binary format, and some of the information is contained in an associated resource file. Only the vxlogview command can assemble and display the log information correctly.
You can use vxlogview to view NetBackup log files as well as PBX log files.
To view PBX logs using the vxlogview command, do the following:
Ensure that you are an authorized user. For UNIX and Linux, you must have root privileges. For Windows, you must have administrator privileges.
To specify the PBX product ID, enter -p 50936 as a parameter on the vxlogview command line.
vxlogview searches all the files, which can be a slow process. Refer to the following topic for an example of how to display results faster by restricting the search to the files of a specific process.