Veritas NetBackup™ AdvancedDisk Storage Solutions Guide
- Introducing AdvancedDisk
- Licensing AdvancedDisk
- Configuring AdvancedDisk
- Configuring key management for NetBackup AdvancedDisk storage encryption
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk storage server
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk disk pool
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk storage unit
- Creating a storage lifecycle policy
- Managing AdvancedDisk
- Managing AdvancedDisk storage servers
- Managing AdvancedDisk disk pools
- Displaying detailed AdvancedDisk storage usage information
- Toubleshooting AdvancedDisk
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
About data encryption for AdvancedDisk storage
You can encrypt your data on the storage that you use for AdvancedDisk. The following are the requirements to configure encryption:
You must configure the NetBackup Key Management Service so that NetBackup can manage the encryption keys. NetBackup uses KMS to manage encryption keys. You must use NetBackup commands to configure both the Key Management Service and the AdvancedDisk storage server.
You must use the nbdevconfig command to configure the storage servers and the disk pools.
You must use the AdvancedDisk_crypt type when you configure the storage servers and the disk pools.
After you configure KMS andstorage servers and disk pools, NetBackup uses encryption for backup jobs to those disk pools.
NetBackup does not span volumes for thetype of disk pool.
AdvancedDisk encryption is supported on a subset of operating systems that NetBackup supports. For supported systems, see the NetBackup compatibility lists on the NetBackup support landing page.
More information about data-at-rest encryption and security is available.
See the NetBackup Security and Encryption Guide: