Veritas NetBackup™ AdvancedDisk Storage Solutions Guide
- Introducing AdvancedDisk
- Licensing AdvancedDisk
- Configuring AdvancedDisk
- Configuring key management for NetBackup AdvancedDisk storage encryption
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk storage server
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk disk pool
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk storage unit
- Creating a storage lifecycle policy
- Managing AdvancedDisk
- Managing AdvancedDisk storage servers
- Managing AdvancedDisk disk pools
- Displaying detailed AdvancedDisk storage usage information
- Toubleshooting AdvancedDisk
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
Merging AdvancedDisk disk pools
Use the NetBackup nbdevconfig command to merge existing disk pools.
NetBackup updates the catalog records to show the correct location of the backup images in those disk pools.
If the secondary disk pool is referenced by storage units, you must first delete those storage units.
The following is the path to the nbdevconfig command:
To merge AdvancedDisk disk pools
- Change the state of each disk pool to DOWN.
If backup jobs are assigned to a disk pool, the state change fails. Cancel the backup jobs or wait until the jobs complete.
- Merge the disk pools. The following is the command syntax. The primary disk pool is the one you want to retain; nbdevconfig deletes the secondary disk pool after the merge.
nbdevconfig - mergedps - stype AdvancedDisk -primarydp disk_pool_name -secondarydp disk_pool_name
- Change the state of the primary disk pool to UP.