Veritas NetBackup™ AdvancedDisk Storage Solutions Guide
- Introducing AdvancedDisk
- Licensing AdvancedDisk
- Configuring AdvancedDisk
- Configuring key management for NetBackup AdvancedDisk storage encryption
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk storage server
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk disk pool
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk storage unit
- Creating a storage lifecycle policy
- Managing AdvancedDisk
- Managing AdvancedDisk storage servers
- Managing AdvancedDisk disk pools
- Displaying detailed AdvancedDisk storage usage information
- Toubleshooting AdvancedDisk
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
Creating a backup policy
The easiest method to set up a backup policy is to use the Policy Configuration Wizard. This wizard guides you through the setup process by automatically choosing the best values for most configurations.
Not all policy configuration options are presented through the wizard. For example, calendar-based scheduling and the Data Classification setting. After the policy is created, modify the policy in the Policies utility to configure the options that are not part of the wizard.
Use the following procedure to create a backup policy with the Policy Configuration Wizard.
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, click NetBackup Management.
- In the right pane, click Create a Policy to begin the Policy Configuration Wizard.
- Click Next to start the wizard and follow the prompts.
Clickon any wizard panel for assistance while running the wizard.
Use the following procedure to create a backup policy in the NetBackup Administration Console without using the Policy Configuration Wizard.
To create a policy without the Policy Configuration Wizard
- In the NetBackup Administration Console, in the left pane, expand NetBackup Management > Policies.
- On the Actions menu, click New > Policy.
- Type a unique name for the new policy in the Add a New Policy dialog box.
- If necessary, clear the Use Policy Configuration Wizard check box.
- Click OK.
- Configure the attributes, the schedules, the clients, and the backup selections for the new policy.