Veritas NetBackup™ AdvancedDisk Storage Solutions Guide
- Introducing AdvancedDisk
- Licensing AdvancedDisk
- Configuring AdvancedDisk
- Configuring key management for NetBackup AdvancedDisk storage encryption
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk storage server
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk disk pool
- Configuring an AdvancedDisk storage unit
- Creating a storage lifecycle policy
- Managing AdvancedDisk
- Managing AdvancedDisk storage servers
- Managing AdvancedDisk disk pools
- Displaying detailed AdvancedDisk storage usage information
- Toubleshooting AdvancedDisk
- About unified logging
- About legacy logging
About AdvancedDisk file system requirements
AdvancedDisk can read and write any nonshared file system that NetBackup supports. However, AdvancedDisk is subject to any operating system or file system requirements or limitations. Requirements and limitations may exist beyond those mentioned in this topic.
For supported file systems, see the NetBackup operating system compatibility list at the Veritas Support website, as follows:
The following are additional requirements and limitations for file systems:
Veritas recommends that you do not span backup images across ZFS volumes in an AdvancedDisk disk pool. File system full conditions cannot be detected adequately. Therefore, a disk pool based on ZFS volumes should be comprised of only one volume.
Disk pool configuration may affect how you configure your file systems.